Sunday, June 2, 2013

Inmate #5

(Yeah, I didn't get a picture of Inmate #4.....another stupid cat.)

Inmate #5 is a .........

Well......

Here's the back story:
After the close run-in with the skunk, the other day, we now have permission from our neighbor to shoot it.  But, I'm kinda getting fed up with this Harvard-grad skunk, so I made Chad move the trap.  Obviously where we had it set up, it was not going.  

So he moved the trap out of the embankment and under some trees out in the open.  

We also grilled out the other day, Chad dropped a burger on the ground, so he went over to the trap and threw that burger in with the tuna.

So now it's Sunday morning, of course Chad isn't home, and my eyes aren't focused yet because of lack of coffee, when I take Zoey out to go potty, I notice that the trap door appears to be shut. 

I say appears because sometimes I just want that skunk to be in there so badly, my eyes play tricks on me.

I see that it has lighter fur than a skunk.  

Cue disappointed face.

So I take Zoey back in and decided to ATTEMPT to let the cat go before church. 

When I walk closer, I see that it doesn't stick it's head up and meow for help.  

Really stupid cat, I think.

Then, it looks up at me with beady little eyes and.......

IT'S NOT A CAT!

It's......






Okay, so maybe not that raccoon, but in my head that's what i saw.

But this is the real raccoon....


Ricky Raccoon!

I'm so freaked out, I run inside get the phone, squeal to Chad that I caught a raccoon, I hate this place, want to go home and then I hear.....

Ssssssssssssssssssssssss...

WTH?  A snake?  What is this?

I turn around, it's my 4 year old pretending he's a snake.  TIME OUT!!!!

After calming down, just a tad, I call my mom.  I really hate this house.  I hate this town.

I talk to her for a little bit, having a grand Pity Party.  I tell her that I obviously didn't think this moving thing thru.  I tell her I want to go back to my old house.  

(I stomp my feet a little in protest.)

She politely, in the best motherly voice says, "Well honey.  I thought you wanted to live in the country."

Um, heck no.  I told her I was just compromising with Chad.  He didn't want neighbors so close together with houses crammed into a subdivision and I didn't want to live in a white-trash neighborhood.  THIS WAS A COMPROMISE!

Never, ever, EVER did it cross my mind that I would have neighbors who have 4 legs and don't pay taxes.  NEVER!  Call me ignorant or just plan stupid, but it NEVER occurred to me that I would have to deal with this crap.

Let's see.  To review......I've had wasps in hordes  LOUD chirpy birds build a nest above my son's room in the gutter, ants in the kitchen, cockroaches, crickets, stray cats, skunks, and now raccoons?  

What's next?  

Chad and I were talking and I told him that I wasn't sure what was going to come next, but our pests seem to keep getting bigger and more pesky.  

He replies, "Well, at least it wasn't a badger.  Those things are MEAN!"

So help me, if we have badgers............

No comments:

Post a Comment