Thursday, June 27, 2013

STORM!

Since we've had a new cable company and no longer a dish company, I'm loving this new channel with all weather all the time.  No outages with storms and such and you can just flip the channel and BAM it's there.

Sooooo....I was checking the weather about 4:15 and noticed that there were storms out to the west.  Thinking ahead, I thought that the storms would arrive right about swim lesson time, thus no swim lessons, thus let's go to the pool  now!  It's too hot to play outside and we're not just going to sit around watching cartoons in the AC all day, so why not?

Went to the pool for about 45 minutes before they made us get out of the water because of "lightening moving into the area."  Granted it was dark, but no lightening.  Glad they have those detectors there!

Came home, took the dog potty real quick and it was getting dark FAST!  Chad's still at the farm helping his Dad with harvest, so I've got 3 scaredy cats all by myself.  (4 if you count me!)  I decide this is an evening that calls for Mac N Cheese.  Made it real quick, and I kid you not, the moment the Mac was done cooking, the power goes off.  It goes on and off and on and off and on and off.  So I give each kid a flashlight.  The wind is HORRIFIC!  I make the kids take their mac behind the island in the kitchen (still on hardwood floor easy to clean up) and camp out and have a picnic.  

Later I look outside and find this:




















That is the fort that used to stand upright with a wood roof-which is now shattered on the ground.  It also took the slide and pulled it off the wood so that it is completely detached now.  It had huge bolts in it, too!

And then our small adult swing.....

























Then I start to hear a 'wooom-wooom-wooom' sound coming from a return air vent.  Um......

"Hello-Best HVAC person with the best overtime rates around, can you come take a look?"

So dad comes over. 
































I think he had a little TOO much help.

Couldn't find anything wrong with the AC, the fort can be fixed, and fetched the pool from the neighbor's yard.  All is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment