Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Olympics....Here We Come!

Josh had his last day of tumbling class last Friday.  

He didn't really understand the finality of it until yesterday (Monday) morning when we didn't have to go anywhere.

For tumbling, he attended with other kids (the class was PreK-1st) everyday for about an hour in the early afternoon.  

This was Josh's first drop-off class.  I didn't stay.  

It was a lot harder on me than on him.

Still looking for a tattoo that will automatically disappear when he hits 18 with his name and phone number.  Need to invent it.

For his last day of tumbling, the parents were invited to a performance to see what all the kids had learned.



I love the sheepish smile he has waiting in line.

That's the thing...he was smiling THE ENTIRE TIME!  And it wasn't just because he got the chance to show off.  It's just because he had joy to just BE there.

Here he is getting assistance doing and handstand.  


He's got a long way to go, but had total faith and confidence in his teachers.  He didn't know these ladies from squat and he trusted them to help him stand on his head.  Love it!





I love the fact that he seems to be actively listening to his teachers.  Don't get me wrong, there were times during the class that he was 'too tired' or squirming around or making funny comments.  But, in his defense, he did seem to have the best personality.  Not that I'm partial or anything.


And there he was just coming out of a somersault.  In a picture on down, look how long the mat is across the floor.  They had to do somersault, frog hops, bear crawls, and one more thing all the way down the mat and then run back.  It was a long way!  And I don't know about you, but after 3 somersaults, I'm dizzy.


There was the frog hop.  Blurry.  Ummmm.  Yep.  



And this was something else, but after this picture, it was priceless.


He ran over and said he got hurt and that he had to quit.  He'd just sit the rest of the time.

I gave him a quick Mommy pep-talk and sent him on his merry way.  I didn't come here to sit in a stinky wrestling room to watch 3 other kids show their stuff.  Get out there and show Mama!

So on his way back to the group, he yells, "Wait up guys!  I just had to get a kiss from my mom!"

I hope he still says that in high school....







































And Macey was a really good audience member, too.  She kept cheering when the kids did something good.

And she kept herself entertained by my phone.





The kids were doing the bear crawl above.

And below here he is making faces at me when he should be standing in line waiting his turn for help with handstands.





And this.....


"What me call China?  Noooooo...."




And after class, his teachers gave him a little treat bag.  It had a Piston Cup in it!  (A Piston Cup is the championship cup for winning a race....as in Lightening McQueen.)



He told us on the way to tumbling that he was going to win the Piston Cup.  We tried to warn him that he might not get a Piston Cup.  (Disappointment is always a booger when you're tired, so I wanted prep him.)

But he was right!

I'm so proud of him.  

He did something new, tried it, practiced a couple of times, and loved it. 

Kinda makes me sad....my baby is growing up! 


No comments:

Post a Comment