Friday, June 7, 2013

My Son....the Killer Bugger

So this morning, I have absolutely no motivation to do anything. 

I despise sweating, so going outside for a period is O-U-T. (Cuz I took the dog out this morning to potty and felt like I got a sunburn from just the 5 minutes that I was out!)

Doing any craft is not an option because both kids woke up early and that means they have no ability to follow or listen to directions.  (Sometimes, ya just have to know your limits.)

Finally decided that going outside wouldn't be so bad if I was in the shade.  

And Josh was BEGGING to go outside and build another trap.  His traps go between wanting to trap a skunk and trapping ants.




































He has his toolbox out-which at the moment consists of a tape measure (real), wrench (real), hammer (plastic-what you thought we'd give this kid a real hammer!), and a screwdriver (plastic).



Macey brought out Doc McStuffins.  And wants to see the pictures I take.  That's what she's screaming in the photo above.

Then I hear, "Come on out Mr. Roly Poly!!!!  I'm Josh the Killer Bugger!!!!"  



































And while trying not to laugh, I hear his 'evil' laugh.  It's quite a good attempt.

And yes, that is him whacking the bug with a yard stick.


































Here's what's left over from his skunk trap from yesterday.  It involves a dust pan, a dirt 'clop', play dough with a plastic knife (that was added this morning without my knowledge), and a vacuum attachment.  The only thing missing is the broken necklace as the trip wire.  (Got taken away this morning.....shocking!)





All smiles cuz she knows she's not supposed to have Mommy's phone!





And then I could hear Zoey whining at the front door.  She knew she wasn't invited to something.....she could hear us!

So Macey decided to walk her.  She LOVES to walk Zoey!



And then the technique of killing bugs got more sophisticated.  He would find the bug.  Place it ever so gently on the cement, then put the yard stick on top of it, then whack the yard stick with the hammer.  

Oh bugs.  RIP.

After coming in, we quickly ate lunch.  While eating lunch, Josh matter-of-factly asks, "Mom, if life rough?"

Say whaaaaaa????

I asked him to repeat his question again because I'm SURE I didn't hear him correctly.

Nope, I did.  He repeated it, "Mom, I said, is life rough?"

Oh great.  I really try to keep my sayings to myself, but maybe Josh overheard me say my favorite one, "Life sucks and then ya die." one.  Oops.  

I told Josh, "Yeah, sometimes life is rough and sometimes its easy.  But God always helps us."  

I know.....like really lady?  A Sunday School answer?  Well, it always is true, but it always makes Josh quit questioning things.  Because God is the ultimate answer.


No comments:

Post a Comment