Tuesday, June 25, 2013

My BIG Boy

OK.  So the last 24 hours has been rough.  Josh started running a high fever after nap yesterday, and was not feeling well.  Got some Tylenol in him and he wanted to go to the first night of swim lessons. 

Swim lessons were a bust, but that's another post.

Came home, took a bath, and off to bed.  Slept REALLY good.  Better than he's slept in a while.  

Today, I wasn't sure if we'd be able to go to the dentist.  Both Josh and I have been looking forward to this for some time.  And no, I'm not joking.

I went to see if he was up, and his light was on under his door.  He was laying naked from the waist down on his floor with his head on a pillow curled up in a ball.  Not a good sign.  Asked him if he wanted chocolate milk.  He said no.  Uh.......MAYDAY!  This kid NEVER turns down chocolate milk! 

Took his temp and it was 102, if you are from the theory to add a degree under the arm-it would've been 103.  I finished getting ready because even if he didn't go, I still had to.

After I got ready, I called mom to tell her my plan for the day.  (She was going to watch Macey while Josh and I ran to town.)  Told her I had an appointment at the doctor and that Josh would watch a cartoon in the corner on his LeapPad.  When he heard he might not go to the dentist, he was devastated!  He WANTED to go to the dentist.  Again, not joking.

Fast forward-went to the dentist.  Had our friend clean our teeth.  She did great.  She talked with Josh and did a great job.  He even had 2 panoramic x-rays taken of his teeth.  Those aren't easy when you're 4 and don't understand.  He stood still, bit the stick, and didn't move.  And those x-rays showed his permanent teeth starting to form under his baby teeth.  It was SOOOO cool!  He let her clean each part of his tooth (front, back, sides), floss, and even touch the teeth with the metal counter.  (The plaque scraper for us older folks.)  Then at the very end, she even scraped the tiniest bit of plaque off the front teeth on the bottom!  Last year he would've rather lost a leg than have that done!  The dentist was very kind, took his time with us, and was very impressed by Josh.  I have to say, so was I.  

NO CAVITIES!!!!  

For Josh or me!

Prizes for everyone!!!

But first we had to run and get a hair cut real quick.  I can always tell when he needs one because he gets 'bed head' real bad.  He was even a big boy for the hairdresser.

Then we went to the doctor and got an antibiotic.  Poor kid-fever, sore throat, but doesn't want to slow down.  He seems to be doing fine as long as he doesn't have the fever.  But when that fever comes, he is miserable!  The doctor asked him if he'd been kissing any girls lately.  Josh didn't know what to say, so I said, "Only his Mama!"  And then the Dr. asked Josh if that was true and Josh said, "Yeah, I like to kiss her all the time."  Insert Mama's heart melting....

Then we had enough time to go and get his prize for a good visit to the dentist.  We went to Target and picked out his prize.  He really wanted dinosaurs, but there were none there.  So we settled on some new fast cars. 

Then we met Mimi and this snazzy girl for lunch at Pizza Hut.  





















Josh can normally eat his weight in thin crust cheese pizza, light on the sauce.  (Just like his Papa Ray.)  He didn't eat as much as he normally does.  He kept complaining that it was hard to swallow.





Then he asked if I'd take a picture of his new cars.

























Then it came time for dessert.  Mace and I both had room for it! 





She missed me so much she just wanted to be as close as she could to me.  


















Here we are laughing at how much that girl can pack in her mouth.  She must get that from Chad....



On the way home, this is always how Macey rides.  


I take that back.  On ANY trip, this is how Macey rides.  Watching a movie (preferably Curious George), sucking on her fingers (no matter how much we tell her to stop), petting her dotted blanket, and holding Minnie Mouse. 

And tonight after dinner at Mimi's, swim lessons, bath, and using his new toothbrush, he reminded me he needed to floss.  Say what?  He actually wanted to floss!  He was sooooo into it!  I'm so proud!



Today was a GREAT day.  My big boy is getting so grown up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment