Monday, June 10, 2013

It's A GREAT Monday!

No no.  You haven't gone to the wrong blog.  

That's right.  I said it's a great Monday.  


With enthusiasm!

With umpf!

I'll shout it from the rooftops....

MY MONDAY ROCKS!!!

Now, let me just say that I was NOT thrilled to have to wake up at 6 am to make sure that I had myself ready by the time the kids needed to be ready so that we could leave on time by 7:45.  

This week is VBS at our church.  It's Josh's first year to actually participate and not just be in the nursery.  

Even though its at least a 45 minute drive, there's no way my kids are missing this!

I get up on the 2nd snooze alarm.  Drearily decide to take Zoey out.  I toyed with the idea of letting her go out on her own (not on a leash) because Chad said that he heard skunks travel over a 20 mile area.  He was sure that the skunk was gone.

I.....just wasn't willing to have to spend most of the day bathing a dog, having the windows on the house open to air out, etc.  Whatever might be the ramifications of being too lazy to take the dog out.

Put Zoey on a leash, walk down the stairs on the back porch and stand waiting for that stupid dog to find just the right spot to pee.  Really?  Just any ol' piece of grass won't work for you?!?

As I'm getting ready to turn and go inside, I remember that we had the trap out there.

Chad moved it by the wood pile.  (This is the view from our back porch.)






I remember thinking......'yeah right.  That's hidden by the wood pile.  What dumb thing won't we catch there?'

Well..........








We got him!  And yes it's male.  I'll explain why later.

I hurry inside, squealing quietly with delight trying not to wake the kids-it's 6:15 am afterall!

Grab my camera.

Go back out.  Slightly saddened by....





















the cockroach on the ceiling of the porch.

But nonetheless......WE GOT HIM!





Then as I'm snapping a couple pics, I see something moving behind the wood pile.



































Son of a monkey's uncle...............It's his Mama!  Or Aunt!  Or Sister!  


But is sure as heck better not be his girlfriend!  (This is how I know it's a male in the cage.  The female's smart enough to get the food not in the cage!)

No skunk breedin' round these here parts!

Heck no!

But there's TWO!  Holy batcrap batman!

One in the cage and one out!

So exciting, yet so frustrating!

So, I call Chad to tell him.  

I've said it before and I'll say it again, "These skunks must've went to Harvard!"

They ALWAYS know when Chad's not home. 

I was telling Chad about it and asked him if he put that piece of leftover sausage in the cage.  He said he didn't, but that Saturday night he dribbled a little bit of leftover yogurt in the cage. 

Well well.  We have a mighty fine foodie skunk. 

The skunk likes Yoplait Light Key Lime Pie yogurt.

Whatever.....

So I go inside and try to focus on getting ready.  SLIGHTLY deterred by the whole ordeal, but pull myself together.

I go to curl my hair and my expensive curling iron isn't working.  

Great.  Must be the plug-in.  Try another plug in.  Nope.  

Expensive curling iron down, but that ain't gunna bring me down.

I got myself a skunk!

No comments:

Post a Comment