Thursday, May 23, 2013

Trapped?

Ok.  I'm not sure who's supposed to be trapped here.  Me or the skunk.

Chad got a trap from his dad.  It's a live trap so it's more humane.....like I really care if that stupid skunk has his feelings hurt.

Here's a picture of it.





Notice that the trap has a giant, commercial sized garbage bag around it.  Then he put a piece of wood on it to keep it from flapping.  Then put sand all over it-on top, around-to help it look more camouflaged.'

Here's a picture of it as I was leaving the house.  Notice it's to the left of the tree.  The skunks home was right on the other side of the drive.





So.............

Then I go out to take Zoey potty this morning.  I'm kinda excited to take the dog out.  

I walk outside to see that the door on the cage is shut-I can't see it.

YIPPEE!!!!  We caught it!

Sucka's goin' down!

I quickly take Zoey back in so that I can concentrate in running fast away from the cage.  Oh what a day it would be if I was sprayed by that stupid skunk. 

So, me in all my glory, walk over to the cage.  (This is the point I wished I would've changed out of my PJs, let my eyes adjust to the sunlight, and had some coffee.  Because I'm pretty sure that walking up to a skunk caged all groggy-eyed in flip flops is NOT one of my better moves.)

As I get closer, I notice that something has shredded the trash bag on the outside.  Good sign.  There is actually something in there!  

And........








It's a damn cat.

Stupid cats.

Prisoner #1 is NOT what we expected.

I try to get him out as he is howling, not purring, at me.  Then as I try to figure out how that stupid metal door moves, he hisses.

Um..........no thanks.

Your stupid butt can stay in there till someone braver comes along.

Bet he doesn't eat tuna at the Duerksen house again.

To Be Continued......

No comments:

Post a Comment