Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Some Days.......

Some days are what'cha make of them.......

And some days are just crap from the beginning.

Today......

You decide.


I was up most of the night last night not being able to sleep.  Getting used to a new house-especially when your protector is not protecting his own home but someone else's-sucks.  

Every noise, every creak, every EVERYTHING makes me nervous.  Even though I have a ferocious and alert dog (blind and moody)....things still freak me out.

So....at 2 am I turn on the TV to the Oklahoma City tornado coverage......Yeah.....that'll lull me back to sleep.  

So 3 am hits and I finally decide that it's me or the universe....I'm gunna win and I'm gunna go to sleep.

Then I get awoken by a growling 4 year old (growling like a T-Rex) at 6:20.  

REALLY?!?!?!

Go eat candy.  Watch cartoons.  Set the house on fire.  JUST LET ME SLEEP!

Then, when I finally do get up, I have a giant crick in my neck and a migraine.  (I've been prone to migraines for over 20 years that I can remember.  I can remember even in middle school having them-needing to be in a dark room, sleep being the only thing that can help, etc.)

SUPER.....

Then I check my phone because my Knight in Shining Armor should be home, but.......

he's staffing today.  Great.  Now what....

So this Mama decides she needs a change of scenery.  Off to the big N-town we go.  

I get the kids all dressed up and cute, and I try to look slightly something above Pond Scum, and WE'RE OFF!

I have to stop at 2 stores, but Josh doesn't want to.  Since Papa Ray still is at home right now, I call to see if Josh can go piddle in the garage with him.  Josh is SUPER excited to go do that.  He loves to do 'big boy' things and piddle.  

Papa Ray doesn't answer the phone on call #1......

Or Call #2.....

Or Call #3.....

Or Call #4.....

So now, I'm off to N-town with a disappointed, and now cranky, 4 year old and a 2 year old who-I swear- will have the word "NO" tattooed somewhere on her body.  Just because it's her favorite word.

We pull up to get prescriptions at the store and the line is 3 cars long.  SERIOUSLY?!?!?  On a Tuesday morning?  

Then things get desperate.  I bribe Josh that since we have to go into the store that if he's good, we'll go to a special, new park and play after we're all done shopping.  Josh is now on team "Don't Piss Mommy Off".

Skip ahead to after store #2 and we're off to the new park.

Okay, so this park looked a little more intriguing from the road.  And....I'm not the only one who thinks so.

As soon as we pull up, Josh announces, "I don't like this park.  It's a pile."   

SAY WHAAAAAA?!?!??!?!?!

Where did he hear that language?  Note to self.....must real in that sarcasm.  Right.

So I try and make the best of it, we get out anyway, and try to pump him up to play.  

He gets on the first piece of equipment and.......BAM!  Stands up directly into the bar above the slide.

REALLY GOD?!?!?!  Testing me on the day my hubby works a 48, my daughter's in the middle of the Terrible Twos, and a medication change.  REALLY??

We started off swinging....








Then went to sliding.  




Then had to keep up with brother.  She will NOT let him get one up on her!  She was bound and determined to climb that curved ladder just like he did.  





And she did.

With her Mama right behind her.

Then she had to go down the curvy, high slide.....JUST LIKE BROTHER.  But this time, she wanted Mama with her.  





Then we decided to triple-stack it.  We all went down!




By the last time, I figured out that if I put my big flippered feet over the side and slid slightly leaning backwards, me and my big weight could get us really cooking!

Came home.  Ate lunch on the patio.  




Yes, that's Macey without pants on.  

Hey....no judging.  Less laundry to do!




Only one person, I mean dog, got left out.  She could smell Josh's turkey.

Then a good nap for everyone, including Mommy.  

Woke up to Josh wanting to comb my hair.  

Fast forward 4 hours.....

As the kids are getting in the bath 30 minutes past bedtime, I go to get a diaper out of Macey's room.  I see Zoey sniffing the carpet.  

NEVER A GOOD SIGN.

Then I see yellow stains on the carpet.  Yellow stains on her mouth.

SON OF A GUN THAT DOG THREW UP!!!!

I hurry to get everyone in PJs, try and vacuum/clean the carpet before bed.

The kids barely made it into bed before 9.

Then as I sit here typing this with the windows open........

THE AROMA OF SKUNK WAFTS INTO MY NOSE.

That's it.

I'm done.  So done.


No comments:

Post a Comment