Monday, May 20, 2013

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Well....the Duerksen family has finally catapulted itself into the 21st century.  Better late than never!

We finally have Internet at home.  It took 2 years, but I finally have contact to the outside world while I'm staying home with the kids.  No more smoke signals for me!

I think all the time.....man, I should write that down so I can remember that.  I've heard these days go by soooooo fast.  (That's BS by the way!  The days are slow and long when someone wakes you up at 6:15 AM by growling and roaring at you.)  Well, I just can't take the time to write it all down, and some days there are some interesting things that go on....so we'll try this blogging thing one more time.

After a long hiatus, we are finally 'settled' in our new house here in H-town.  We love our house, but this city girl is not used to the surroundings.

People fly down our road like they're late for the Indy 500.  Some people don't wave.  And then, we always have unwanted guests........

Meet Pepe Le Pew......




Notice how he's trying to help out by getting the ball Josh hit in our culvert.  

I tell you.....Chad FINALLY gets that blankity-blank culvert dug out enough so that it won't flood like a pond, and someone decides to take up residence in it.  Well, not really, but he seems to enjoy running underneath our driveway and thru the culvert.

Seriously?  Not the kind of welcoming I was expecting.




And then we scared each other.  He ran back into the culvert and I ran in the garage screaming some obscentieis.  

Then, I got my Big Girl Mama Pants on.....and Pepe is going DOWN!  Not in my house...well.....not by my house!  This street is only big enough for one of us........and guess how's gunna win?

So I did what any girl does.  I went inside and called my hubby.  Of course, this happens the day he's at the Fire Station.  (Well, technically, it also happened yesterday morning, but he just stuck his head out the front door with his undies on and yawned and went back to bed.)  

He told me he'd take care of it when he gets home, but I feel like I'm a prisoner in my own home.  Not because the kids have taken me hostage....well.....not yet.  But because I can't walk the dog, the kids can't play out front, etc.  


Then my dad offered to just "take care of it" and shoot it, but then I found this on my camera.  Yeah, and I'm gunna trust him with a gun.  Right.





To Be Continued......




1 comment: