Tuesday, May 28, 2013

SKUNK!

As I went out to walk Zoey this morning, I saw a small black and white thing across the street in Mr. Ben's yard.  

Yep, Skunk was on the prowl for food.

Here's the short version of what happened.

Ran inside to get Chad.  Told him to get gun.  Got big gun with Josh squealing in the background.  Saw city guy.  Hid gun.  Mommy kept track of skunk.  City guy said take care of it.  Mommy worried about shooting it not on our property.  Daddy took trap over.  Threw tuna at skunk and whistled.  Skunk ran.  Mommy tracked skunk while Daddy got gun.  Daddy tracked skunk while Mommy got permission from Mr. Ben to shoot on his property.  Daddy lost skunk.  

All the while, our son is squealing at the top of his lungs on the front porch.....

in his pajamas.....

in his dress shoes......

with his Nerf gun.......






































REALLY?  Best lookin' hunter I've ever seen!

Side Note: this was an answer to prayer.  I know what you're thinking.  How is seeing a skunk an answer to prayer?  We had asked God for help with the skunk the night before during evening prayers.  (Chad thought it might have migrated, but I wanted proof!)   

I'm really trying to teach Josh about prayer.  I'm trying to teach him 2 things-that we pray to God to thank him and that we pray to ask God for his help.  He's really good at praying for thankfulness and I take opportunities like this to teach him to pray for help.  I'm fully aware that some people might think that praying for help with a skunk might been seen in a poor light, but I am ADAMANT that God is big enough to handle both the big things (cancer, peace, etc.) but also the little things.  Faith of a child........

No comments:

Post a Comment