Monday, October 7, 2013

I am officially.....THAT Mama

It's official.

Today, October 7th, 2013....I became THAT Mama.

Let me explain....

Today is picture day at Josh's preschool.

We've known about this for some time.

I've had his outfit picked out for weeks.

We even went and bought more "man shoes" yesterday after church.  

We've talked about picture day for a day or so now.  Specifically last night after bath.  I told him I had to make sure and clean out his ears because it was picture day tomorrow.

Then when we were brushing his teeth, I made sure and said something about an "awesome smile" and "ooohhhh, that'll be a good smile for picture day!"

And then this morning, he knew it was picture day.  

Mom put a towel over him in the car to make sure as to not mess up his clothes while he ate in the car. 

(FYI-it did cross my mind to take him in his PJs and change him there, but then I thought, a boy has to grow up......and so does his Mama.)

We get there, get out of the car, wipe the cream cheese from his bagel off with a wet wipe in the parking lot and happily walk in.

He gets about 5 feet from his classroom door and runs in.  He's so darn excited to be there!

Then he pops back out in T-E-A-R-S!

WTH?

His teacher reprimaded him for running into class. 

Excuse me?!?!?  My son is excited to be there!  He's so excited that he couldn't I wait to come!

We talk up his teacher in our house.  We always say nice things, encouraging words, and NEVER say anything negative.  He worships his teacher.  He loves school.  And that woman just made him cry.

So........

I console Josh, push him in his room, and then........go cry in the car. 

After I pull myself together, I do what any normal person would do......

CALL THEIR MAMA!

I called Mom and vented.  I was so mad........I was madder than Ike and Tina Turner during PMS week!

I got a pep talk and decided I'd have to pull up my big girl panties. 

But DOGGONE IT....I'd super freakin' tired of pullin' those damn things up.

In fact, this past craft fair in H town, I got a plaque that says, "If I have to pull up my big girl panties one more time, the elastic is gunna break and I'll REALLY have to show my butt!"

It's proudly displayed by my coffee pot.

So..........

I talk to the director, she makes me feel a little better, will talk to the teacher and explain that he wasn't running wild, just excited to be there.  

Whatever.  I guess I've officially become THAT MOM.  

But.....

It's my job to protect my baby and make sure that he has a great life.

Because....



HE is my priority.

1 comment:

  1. He is absolutely the most adorable boy on the planet. SO cute. You are such a good mommy!

    ReplyDelete