Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Personal Victory!

Ok.  So some of you may or may not know......I might have an anger problem. 

And the one place where I absolutely H-A-T-E to have it show up is with my children.

There is no worse feeling in the world to lose your temper with your kids-especially over trivial stuff.

BUT........

I didn't!

Let me explain.....

Josh has been a doll lately trying to "make good choices".  One of the things he's picked up on (mostly on his own) is setting the table.

He gets his stool out, gets the plates for everyone, and then gives everyone their silverware.  And he does it without complaining!  (Wonder how long this will last.....)

Well, today we got home from preschool and he knew it was lunch time.  While I was changing out of my good clothes, I heard some banging and asked what he was doing. 

He said he was setting the table.

I had this feeling in the back of my mind that I should stop him, but I told that ol' hag to shut up.  He was helping and I wasn't about to squash that!

Then....

BANG, KA-BAM, BONG, BANG!

That's right.

He dropped a plate from the cabinet, onto the granite countertops, then on the floor.   

Bazinga!

He brought it to me, said sorry.  It was an accident.  

I NEVER LOST MY COOL!

It honestly wasn't a big deal!  I DID GREAT!

Did it have anything to do with the fact I was listening to a Rick Warren personal-help CD about controlling your anger on the way home......who knows!  Who cares!  I rocked it!

GO ME!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment