Wednesday, September 4, 2013

My Big Boy......in PreSchool!

My big boy is now officially in preschool!  It has taken a lot to get to here, but he's finally in preschool.  

Unfortunately, SOME of us decided too late that preschool was a good choice and so our first choice (in the town we live in) was full.  

Shocking! 

One week before preschool starts its full?!  No way!!

Anyway, I had the paperwork all filled out at 10 o'clock Sunday night and called first thing Monday morning at the preschool at our church to see, if possibly, there was a spot for Josh in our preschool.

God knew it was coming........AND THERE WAS A SPOT!

God also knew that I couldn't make up my mind if he should go T/TH in the afternoons or M/W/F in the mornings.  One meant more driving, but one also meant that with the less driving that I would have a toddler (Macey) without a nap or a poor one, at best.

So he made it easy.  There was only spots left in the M/W/F morning program.

SUPER!  THANKS GOD!

And God also knew that it would financially strap us (not that it couldn't be done) to drive to the Big City 3 days a week for preschool on one income, so he provided that too!   

So, the morning that I called to get Josh enrolled also happened to be the day of Meet Your Teacher and Open House for the parents!  Aggghhh!
.  
Josh and I quickly got ready and headed to the Big City.  

After meeting his teach, Miss Patti, we went to WalMart to pick out his bookbag.  I told myself that WHATEVER bookbag he picked out (within reason), I would let him get.

He immediately spotted a Lightning McQueen bookbag that had a couple of lights that lit up and was done.  It literally took all of 2 minutes.  Typical male.



























What took longer was making him pose for picture for Mommy!

Then we treated ourselves to a lunch out-----just Mommy and son. 

We went to Spangles.  It has yummy grilled cheese, good fries, and KILLER ice cream.  

It was a stressful morning and ice cream would help Mommy Josh.




















He's such a hambone!

So....that was a week ago Monday.  He was to start school the last Monday in August, but unfortunately, his teacher's sister passed away, and the first day of school for Josh was moved to Wednesday.  

I'll admit....my attitude/heart wasn't in the right place when I first heard of this.  Josh was 'missing' his first day of school like all the other M/W/F kids.  I was quickly reminded (thank you Universe) that Miss Patti would've much rather been at PreSchool than a funeral.  And my attitude was WRONG!  I had become one of those mothers!  For Shame!

Anyway, the waiting was harder on me than Josh.  He was totally chill.

I made sure and got up EXTRA early the first day to make sure a play paparazzi to Josh.  

I decided to do it on our back porch because our front porch is directly facing the rising sun.  I'd really rather not fight Josh (NO SQUINTING JOSH) more than I have to.  





Then I realized that my reflection was in the door and that the back doors don't exactly lend to a great background.  

So we moved our photo shoot to the grass.


























Mimi made the board he's holding.   Thanks of course to Pinterest.  The black hole of the internet.  

Wednesday morning came and he walked right into Miss Patti's room like he'd done it a thousand times before!

Small snag.....Mommy was so excited for him to go to Preschool.......

I FORGOT THE DARN BACKPACK!

It was left hanging at home.  

Preschool's gunna be hard on me!

2 comments:

  1. He looks adorable and so grown up and ready for preschool! Hope he's still loving it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO CUTE!!! Look out ladies - here comes Mr. Handsome! He is getting so big..... and cuter by the minute!

    ReplyDelete