Monday, February 21, 2011

He's Smart....Too Smart

Sometimes Josh just amazes me with his understanding.  Even though he is only speaking the first syllable of words, which by the way makes for interesting guessing games, he understands EVERYTHING!

For instance, mom and I were shopping at JCPenneys on Friday.  I had some coupons and sales I was going to take advantage of and buy Josh some 2T shirts since his others are becoming midriffs.  Josh really didn't want to shop (he had spent most of the day outside taking in the beautiful weather), but before we left, I wanted to look at the sale/clearance baby girl clothes. 

Josh did not want to do this, so I explained to him that we had to go look at clothes for the baby in Mommy's tummy.  He was looking like he was willing to do it, but needed some more convincing.  So I said, "We don't want the baby to be naked, do we?"

He really understood that, so we looked at clothes.  And every time he started to act impatient, I reminded him that we were looking at clothes for the new baby.  Well, evidently this stuck.

Fast forward to Sunday morning.  Mom had given me a sack of new baby girl stuff.  I had dumped it on the floor and was sorting through it when Josh walked over and said matter-of-factly, "Baby." 

"Yes, Josh.  This is all stuff for the baby."

Then, without missing a beat, he said, "Naked."

"Yes honey.  The baby won't be naked."

Mr. Smarty Pants........

No comments:

Post a Comment