Monday, October 27, 2014

Painting Pumpkins

This year, I bought some Tempera Paint to keep at home.   

I thought I'd start doing more art with the kids.

They LOVE to do art.  


And like typical kids....the messier the better.

So this year, when my wonderful Sister-In-Law took me to "THE BARN SALE", I bought some small pumpkins.   Three for $1!  

If I'd have know how much fun the kids would have painting them, I'd have bought $5 worth!

So one day, when I was in a fabulous mood, the kids were both home, and the stars aligned....they painted.



Notice how the OCD mom had to have each color have their own paint brush.  And she even drew little squares as to where they should be placed when not in use.  (I eventually just had to leave the room and let them be artistic!  Couldn't take it!)





























They loved it!

Eventually, there wasn't enough blank pumpkin left, so we elevated them on coffee mugs.  White ones no less.






































They had more fun than I'd even hoped.







































And even though it didn't last long because they're fast painters (and messy painters go faster), they still enjoyed every minute of it!

I even bought 4 more pumpkins to do!























Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment