Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Potty Training Sucess

Disclaimer....if potty training goes to pot after I post this....I'm TOTALLY blaming you!


Today is day number 5 on potty training Macey.

I thought up a quick poem about my experience.

Day one was pure hell.

Day two stunk as well.

Day three was spastic,

Day four was fantastic!

What is day five?

We're doin' a jive!
No, no autographs please.....

Today is great!

But let's start at day 3.

Day 3 was the day daddy had to go to the fire station.  It was a mentally exhausting day for Mommy.  How long do I chance it before I set the timer again?  How long do I make her sit on the potty?  ...........

Potty training isn't for the weak, or at least the way we do it.  We're all in or nothing and NO going back....no matter what.  Once those real girl cotton underwear hit her bottom, there is NO MORE DIAPERS except when she's sleeping.  Not in the car, not anywhere!

Back to day 3....

Uncle Ross and Aunt Cheryl came over to do laundry (with Baby T).  Boy....did they get a crash course in potty training.  It's timers and reminding and yelling of joy and laundry and wet underwear and reminding and rewards and......let's just say I think we've scarred them for life.  

Some of the highlights of day 3 include:

  • 1 accident which included Mommy catching Macey in the act of pottying downstairs, carried Macey while running upstairs to make her finish in the potty.  1/2 in pants and 1/2 in potty chair.  
  • 1 healthy poop in the potty chair.  While eating the reward M&Ms in her booster seat at the table, flooded the floor with pee.  Um.....that's not how it's supposed to work.
  • Bath time at night was a TOTAL success.  She got out 3 times to go potty on the potty chair instead of in the bath.  (This from the girl who used to regularly poop in the tub is a HUGE success.)  However, this incident did end with a reward sucker in my hair that she happened to be eating in the bath tub.  Don't ask.

Day 4 was spent at Mimi's house in the morning.  Daddy drove us to church and we thought it best to not rock Macey's Potty Training Boat until she got a better hang of it.  She did fantastic at Mimi's and stayed dry!


When we came home she even brought her potty chair to me while I was eating lunch.  Then proceeded to take a big poop less than 2 feet from me.  Um.....no.  But heck, at this point, it was in the potty chair even if the atmosphere for my lunch went in the toilet....get it!  Ha Ha!

Then we took a nap.  She even stayed dry during her nap.  (Fluke-I'm sure, but a Mommy can hope, right?!)

Then she continued to be dry the rest of the day.  Same underwear all day!  On day 4!!  

We even let her off the hardwood floors onto the carpet.  (Up until now, that time was extremely limited.)







































Daddy took time to read her a book.

And that brings us to day 5.

Day 5 Josh had school and Mimi didn't, so Mimi took Josh to school and I stayed home with Macey.  Just not willing to rock the boat.  One good day potty training does not mean I can venture out into public.  The last time I tried to put her on a real toilet (not the potty chair), I ended up with a sucker in my hair and no potty in the toilet.  

We had a great morning-cleaning, reading, playing, just being together.  Josh got one on one time with someone and that helped with his attitude.  (I think he was starting to feel a little left out.)

























































Day 5 ended with the same dry panties that we started out with in the morning!


2 days with no accidents!  And we're not even a week into this!




Now the next real test will come when we venture out.

Heaven help us.......

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear the whole story and that it's going so well! It's a big hurdle - the worst is over!
    ~Janet

    ReplyDelete