Thursday, July 11, 2013

Dinner with Monkeys

Tonight I really didn't have anything planned for dinner, and since we don't have a maid or chef, Chad decided it would be a good idea to go out to eat. 

That is a 'perk' of the new H town.  There's slightly more of a choice when one wants to dine out in a small town.  There's a Mexican restaurant, a small 50's diner, an Italian place, Pizza Hut, and Sonic.  

Some of our extended family welcomed us to town by providing us with a gift certificate to the Italian restaurant.  So the Italian restaurant it is!


On the way, we were singing "Deep and Wide." 



























I have a small bag that I keep in the back of my car with stuff to do in restaurant while waiting for our food.  It's stuff that only gets pulled out a restaurants so that it's special.  

I keep special stickers, special color books, special books, etc.























They didn't have any kids cups and I didn't bring any from home, so they had to drink like 'big kids.'


























Well, then later when we were playing Musical Chairs, Chad and I both reached for a drink to move it out of the way and we both spilled the cup.  (And incidentally, it looked like Chad wet his pants.)

While all this is going on, I want you to know that it is AT LEAST 75 degrees in this place.  I don't know if their AC was on the fritz, they cut it down because it wasn't 100 degrees, or it was just the pure body heat by being mauled by 2 kids....but it was H-O-T!!!

























So by the time our pizza comes exactly at the time we're cleaning up the water and trying to maintain composure and patience.

Then I try to cut the cheese pizza for the kids as fast as humanly possible and blow at the same time to cool it off.  

Then Josh informs me that the pizza is too gooey.  

Seriously?  Who on planet Earth has EVER said that a pizza is too gooey?  Only my child.

Then Macey wouldn't sit in her high chair, climbed on me, and then started jumping on the booth seat. 

I procede to look across the booth at Chad and he's sitting there, smugly enjoying his perfectly portioned pizza with a smile on his face. 

Because I'm sitting on the other side of the bench, sweating, with 2 kids playing or complaining, while tring to eat my pizza.

Um....check please!

Then we stopped by to see Baby Tanner.  



He's grown so much in just a few weeks!  His hair is a titch longer, he looks a little more like his mommy, and can even sit up for an extended period of time!




















I love his face in the picture above.  It's like "These kids are BIG!"




















Macey and Josh both love to sqeeze on him and 'pet' him, but Josh by far, loves him more.  If he could just carry Tanner around, I think Josh would love it.  


He's always so excited and willing to go and see Baby Tanner.  There's even been a couple of times when we couldn't or Tanner couldn't come over and Josh has cried!  Real tears!

All in all, we had a great evening. 

The after dinner company was much better than dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment