Friday, April 18, 2014

Good Enough....

Some days......

Some days, I feel like a rock star Mom.

Some days, it's all I can do to keep from eating my young.

And some days, be happy that everyone has pants on.  (Underwear is a plus, but not required-ask Josh!)

Today was one of those days.  And it's not even over yet!

There was an Easter egg hunt in our town at 10 am.  

No biggie.

Wasn't TRULY set on going, but then the kids started acted like monkeys, and I knew that if we were to make it to Tulsa tomorrow, we needed to get out of the house.....STAT!

So before we go to the hunt, I still have to pack for Tulsa.  Pack the hubby and two kids, plus myself and a dog.  

No biggie.  

Yeah right.  So as I'm packing, the kids are barely watching cartoons-the one thing I wish they'd sit down and be quiet and do.

Josh is pestering Macey.....which he loves to do sometimes.  

And Macey is squealing at Josh.....which she loves to do ALL the time.

Now, don't get me wrong.  There are times when they play SOOOO well together. 

Today, was not one of those days.

So at 9:55 we screech in the car and gun it down the road.

Macey is yelling at me to go faster.  Josh is yelling slow down so I don't get pulled over by the police.  

I tell him I'm not going THAT fast.  (Which I wasn't.)

We hurry to the hunt, park illegally, and run up to the starting line, literally as they blow the horn. 

They had ages 0-3 in one spot and 4-5 in another. 

So I happened to see a friend from my Mom's group here in town and ask if Macey can stay with her.  

She is so kind and of course says yes.  Macey was good with staying with her too!  No tears, no fights, just me walking off to take Josh to his age division.

Josh and I walk up right as the horn blows....which was unsettling to him. 

He scrambles off and finds 5 eggs and comes back crying.  He wants me to hunt eggs with him.  

Um.....no honey.  Mommy put on clean pants today and that's all the energy I have.  Done.

So we leave to go find Macey.

Macey got 8 eggs, which causes Josh to cry even more.  (He's so competitive.)

My friend was so on top of her game, she even took a couple of pics of Macey.









































Heck.  I'm glad we at least showed up.

And we all had clean pants on.

1 comment:

  1. She looks SO cute!! You must have had enough time to make the kids look great!!

    ReplyDelete