Friday, April 29, 2011

Dying Easter Eggs with Mimi

Mom called last Saturday and said she wanted to do a 'Ah-prise' with Josh.  (That's how Josh says it.)

Her suprise was messy and fun.  Just what Josh wanted.  He was very interested from the moment he saw it....Dying Easter Eggs!




Mimi was soooo much more patient and laid back than I was.  I really tried my best, but it's hard with a 2 year old Tazmanian Devil and Dye.




Josh would drop the eggs in....it seemed from 2 feet in the air.......


Then Mimi would help fish them out.  He knew all the colors.


Then Josh wanted to get the eggs out.  Yeah, that was a mess.


Then the whole spoon thing became too much.  He'd just reach in there with his hand. 
I think I might have squealed the first time he did it.


Then he pushed too hard on the egg and cracked it.


I think he might have put that one back in the dye to dye the actual egg part that started to show.



Then we started to dye the eggs multiple times, even if they had already been dyed.


They're soooo pretty.


Then we just stripped.  I took off his shirt and just let 'em at it!


He REALLY got into it then.  We finally had to cut him off.  There's only so much mess and so many times you can dye an egg!


His had didn't stay dyed for Easter Sunday...thank goodness.

I'm not sure who had more fun....Josh or Mimi!

1 comment: